6.07.2008

Alcohol and sadness rarely mix well

Bleh. I hate feeling like this. Most of the time I'm ok..not great, but ok. Surviving. Trying not to Think. Doesn't work too well, but it gets me through the day. So this past week I made a decision - I'm quiting my internship. I've just decided that it's not an opportunity that I really want. So with that and the events of recent weeks, it's been pretty emotional for me. But damn it, I was going to have fun and drink this weekend. Sarah and I went to see the Sex and the City movie, which I really enjoyed. Obviously you don't go in expecting to see Oscar-winning stuff, but I did enjoy it. I laughed, I cried. Strangely, much of the movie made me sad...I guess the events could sorta relate to my life. Not the whole I'm-forty-and-was-jilted-at-the-altar thing, but loosely related. Anywho, so we do that and then head back home to hang out with friends and drink. It's fun. Pretty much the whole night. Then, suddenly, things start going downhill.....VERY QUICKLY. The boys are taking us home, so that we don't have to walk by ourselves in our current state of inebriation. Harry makes a sudden turn - I was not prepared. Hence, I fall flat on the pavement, in the middle of the road, while a car is coming. I have a very hard time getting up, and my knee is hurting very badly. I start to tear up and get kinda emotional, and then...I couldn't stop crying. For an hour. Thank goodness Sarah stayed with me and comforted me...it was just like Wednesday night alllll over again...except with alcohol and a killer hangover today. :( Time for some diner food.

No comments: