5.17.2009

Hm. How life changes.

So, after tons and tons of stress, fruitless apartment hunting and everything else that was going on, I've decided that I am actually going to go back home after graduation. I know that many people will be upset or saddened by this news (at least I hope ;) ) but I really have given it a lot of thought. New York is awesome, (mostly) but I just don't think at this point that it is a financially viable option for me. Without an IMMEDIATE job that would pay me NOW, I can't afford rent. After crunching numbers all weekend, I've realized that I would have to work completely full time at a job I could get now, like Barnes & Noble, Forever 21, etc., to even possibly pay living expenses. And even then I'm not sure if it would work. I'm just afraid that if I have to focus so much on just surviving, I would get distracted from my ultimate goal of advertising - the thing that I just spent 4 years studying and getting a degree in.

It's going to be an emotional couple of months - hell, it already has been. I feel like my life has been turned upside down the last few months and I am so happy to at least have a plan. One that doesn't cost me a ton. I am going to miss everyone in New York SO MUCH!! :( That is THE biggest thing that makes this hard - people already know that I'm not that fond of NYC in general, but the incredible friends that I've made here have given it a special place in my heart.

So, we will rock graduation, and have a KICK-ASS time tomorrow night!!! And, I will visit - so this isn't goodbye! :D

I love all of you!! <3

No comments: