3.07.2009

My preliminary take on Watchmen

So we went to see Watchmen tonight. I know I'm probably going against most people when I say this, but I must say that I enjoyed it. I'm not saying that it was the best thing ever or anything, but I thought it was enjoyable. I did read the graphic novel beforehand, so I knew the story going in.

I think there was too much violence just for violence's sake - and they left out some things (which I obviously knew they would - if they kept everything in, the movie would have never ended). We discussed it on the ride home, and the group that I left with overall agreed that we enjoyed it. However, the other half of the group (who stayed in the city) I think were pretty agreed that they did not like it. I haven't talked to them enough yet to find out exactly why, and what we talked about I can't quite remember, so I'll leave that until another time.

-----------

Oh, and Nat came over before we left and gave me my birthday present! :) A book, Good in Bed (completely chick-lit, but totally up my alley), some makeup and some cute nail polish! Love that girl! I can't wait to paint my nails with the cute colors! It was also just nice to catch up with her. :)

So, good day. Now I'm off to sleep and get ready for another homework filled day.

2 comments:

Natalie Marie said...

Glad you liked your bday present!

Malia said...

Oh I do. I immediately painted my nails with the pretty pretty colors! :)